Louisiana lawyers who still need Professionalism credit can get it online a my PaperlessChase.com site. If you need Ethics credit we have courses for those too. If you need more than 4 hours of credit come to one of our live seminars. And if you know any other lawyers who are agonizing about getting those credits let 'em know that there's an easy way to learn and get CLE credit online.
Lawyers in Baton Rouge who want to learn more about Mobile Lawyering with iPads should sign up for our Nov. 30th seminar. It’s at the Crown Plaza hotel on Friday afternoon, from 1 to 5 pm. Here are some things Dane Ciolino and I will cover:
- Security issues, and how to avoid them when using an iPad or mobile device
- Creating documents, editing and sharing
- Digital signatures and how to sign documents on an iPad
- Deposition tools, and strategies
- Note-taking software and tips for using effectively
- Display of trial exhibits using and iPad (including wireless presentation)
The seminar is limited to 35 people and will fill up fast. We have early bird pricing in effect until November 14th. Here are some more things to know about our seminar:
- 3 hours of CLE credit, including 1 hour of Ethics credit
- Free Wi-Fi available in the seminar room
- No questions asked refunds up until the day of the seminar
- We have free giveaways relevant to our talks (e.g. books on iPads for Lawyers)
- We offer free online videos at our website (you only pay if you want CLE credit)
For more information, and to reserve your spot with a credit card click here.
Do you use email and practice law? Do you wish that you had some magic ways of making your email easier to deal with? Do you fear having to deal produce or request emails in a lawsuit? Do wish someone would just demystify the tech issues and give you some straight-forward answers?
If you’re a New Orleans lawyer (or live within driving distance), you should consider coming to the next CLE seminar that we’re doing. For those who have been to our CLE seminars you know that we don’t have the usual lame presentation. People who come to our seminars pay attention and ask great questions. Our seminars are informative and fun. Crazy, I know. But true.
The 3 hour seminar we’re doing on Friday afternoon of October 19th is going to be another one of those seminars. What kinds of things might you learn? Here are some questions we plan to answer:
- How can you make it so that the only emails that show up in your inbox during the day are from people that you actually need to do work for?
- What happens to the non-essential emails, and how can you easily process them as well? (The answer to both questions is part of the same trick, and it’s a game-changer).
- If you blind carbon a bunch of people on an email can they look at the metadata and discover who else was bcc’d?
- If you’re doing E-discovery and want to get the metadata associated with email is that going to cost more money? And, if so, how much more money?
- Does it make sense for lawyers to use cloud-based email services such as the ones provided by Google (and, more recently: Microsoft)?
- What ethical pitfalls are most likely to happen when lawyers use email, and is there an easy way to avoid those problems?
These questions and many more (including any you bring to the seminar) are going to be answered. All you have to do is sign up. For more information (and to sign up), click here. In addition to great information you’ll also get 3 hours of CLE credit, including an hour of Ethics credit.
If any Louisiana lawyers out there just need a few hours of CLE credit, remember you can get up to 4 of your 12.5 hours by watching online videos. The videos we offer, which are fully accredited in Louisiana, include the following:
- Paperless 101 - Practical & Ethical Issues in Creating a Paperless Law Practice (includes 1 hour of Ethics credit)
- Paperless 102 - Further Advice on The Paperless Law Office
- Cloud Computing - Practical & Ethical issues (includes 1 hour of Ethics credit)
- Email Efficiency & Professionalism (includes 1 hour of Professionalism credit
Our videos are free to watch as much as you want (we want people to learn!). You only pay if you want Louisiana CLE credit. This approach does two things that we think you’ll appreciate: (1) it makes it easier for you to start watching the videos with the fewest mouse clicks; and (2) you can check out the video before you pay to see if it looks like it will be useful to you.
Call us crazy, but we think CLE should be easy and useful. Maybe you’re “crazy” that way too.